In these terms and conditions, the following definitions shall apply:
"Attraction" means the Coca-Cola London Eye, DreamWorks Tours: Shrek’s Adventure! London, The London Dungeon, SEA LIFE London, Madame Tussauds London.
“Contract” means the following terms taken together:
(i) The General Terms;
(ii) The Booking Terms;
(iv) The Website Acceptable Use Policy; and
(v) The Cookies Policy.
"Merlin" / "We" / "Us" shall mean Merlin Attractions Operations Limited (Company No. 6272935), registered in England and Wales, whose registered office address is at Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1LD
"Merlin Contact Centre" shall mean Merlin Contact Centre, run by Merlin Entertainments Group. Units 5-6 Silverglade, Leatherhead Road.
"Merlin Entertainments Group" shall mean Merlin, any parent undertaking of Merlin for the time being, and any undertaking which, in relation to Merlin and/or any such parent undertaking, is a subsidiary undertaking for the time being and the owner of any attraction which is operated and/or managed by Merlin but not owned by Merlin
"Website" means www.Londonbigticket.com
The London Dungeon is not suitable for people of a nervous disposition or very young children: entry is at the discretion of the parent/guardian.
Shrek’s Adventure! London may not be suitable for very young children, due to the presence of mild peril: entry is at the discretion of the parent/guardian.
Guests 15 years or younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 18 years or older whilst on or in the vicinity of the Attraction and shall remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times. A Private Capsule may only be hired by persons aged 18 years or over. Children under the age of 18 years are permitted in a London Eye capsule and/or in the Dungeon Tavern where alcoholic beverages are present, but will not be served alcohol.
The Attraction's management reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry onto or remove from the Attraction or the vicinity any person who:-
i. has been convicted of a criminal offence which, in the opinion of Merlin, is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors;
ii. has behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of Merlin has, or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors;
iii. has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace; and/or
is or appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Tickets purchased online or in advance are not to be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion, voucher or exchanged for cash.
Tickets are only redeemable at the attraction stated on the ticket.
Coca-Cola London Eye tickets (which include admission to the London Eye 4D Cinema Experience) may be purchased either individually or a capsule may be hired exclusively (referred to as a "Private Capsule"). The maximum number of persons allowed per Private Capsule is 25. The maximum number of people permitted per "Cupid's Capsule" is two adults each 18 years of age or older. For all other ticket holders, the number of persons per capsule may vary. Unless a Private Capsule has been booked, groups of 25 persons will not always travel in the same capsule. A minimum of three adults (each aged 18 or older) are permitted in a London Eye capsule, except at the absolute discretion of Merlin.
For the safety and comfort of all guests, suitable clothing, including tops and shoes, must be worn at all times while visiting the Attraction and the immediate attraction vicinity – including, but not limited to: any external queuing areas or entry areas.
It is prohibited to take onto/into the Attraction any objects with a sharp point or sharp edge capable of being used to cause serious injury, weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles, flammable liquids or other articles, which may cause injury. The throwing of any article which could cause injury or annoyance is strictly prohibited.
Unless it is expressly prohibited, guests are permitted to take photographs and recordings within certain areas of the Attraction, provided that these are solely for private use and are not sold or used for any commercial or public purpose. By accepting these Entry Conditions, guests acknowledge that Merlin may on demand have access to photographs taken and video footage captured by guests and request that certain photographs and/or footage are deleted if they are deemed to be offensive to or infringe the privacy of other guests and/or staff. By accepting these Entry Conditions, guests agree not to intentionally photograph and/or capture video footage of any individual without that person’s permission and guests must adhere to all photography/filming restrictions in place from time to time whilst within the Attraction. From time to time Merlin or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in the Attraction, which may feature guests. Entry to the Attraction is deemed acceptance of these Entry Conditions, and guests therefore agree that Merlin or any authorised party may use such images free of charge and in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. Guests further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Merlin or such authorised party (as the case may be). For information about, and permissions for, filming please contact the Attraction's press office: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , OR firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08704208911 for SEA LIFE London, The London Dungeon, or Shrek’s Adventure! London OR 0870 220 2777 for the London Eye. (calls cost 13p per minute plus network extras).
To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles, such as those with a sharp point or edge, from being taken onto/into the Attraction, visitors are admitted on condition that if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched before entering and/or once inside the Attraction. It should be noted that the Attraction uses specialist search equipment that omits a small magnetic field; this is harmless to the vast majority of guests, however if you suffer from any medical condition or have been fitted with a medical device that your doctor advises should not be subjected to a scan please bring this to the attention of a member of staff before attempting to enter the Attraction.
Smoking, including e-cigarettes and ‘vaping’, is strictly prohibited on/in the Attraction itself, and in the Attraction's vicinity, 4D Cinema Experience, inside County Hall, on the RC or the boarding platform leading to the Eye.
No food or beverage of any nature may be consumed on/in the Attraction itself, in the Attraction's vicinity, 4D Cinema Experience or on the boarding platform leading to the Eye without express permission of the Attraction's management.
Guests visiting the London Eye must take note that every person intending to join a Private Capsule experience (including Cupid’s Capsule), Champagne Experience, or any other hosted Experience are encouraged to check in at the VIP Experience Desk at County Hall 45 minutes prior to the booked time, allowing time to visit the Eye Lounge or 4D Cinema Experience. All of these guests must reconvene at the VIP Experience Desk 15 minutes prior to their experience time. Alternatively, guests can visit the 4D Cinema Experience at their leisure after their experience. Latecomers will not be admitted to the London Eye except at the absolute discretion of London Eye Management Services.
The use of illegal substances and/or legal highs are strictly prohibited and any persons found possessing, using or who appear to be under the influence of illegal substances and/or legal highs will be refused admission or removed from the Attraction and Attraction vicinity, London Eye, 4D Cinema Experience, County Hall, Jubilee Gardens and RC.
Guests must keep personal belongings with them at all times. Attraction management accepts no responsibility for the loss, theft or damage to any personal items brought onto/into the Attraction, Eye, into the 4D Cinema Experience, the RC, or into County Hall.
Save as otherwise permitted by the Attraction management, all persons attending the Attraction, riding the Eye, visiting the 4D Cinema Experience or a RC must pay for admission (whether a ticket or Private Capsule hire) prior to attending the Attraction and/or boarding the London Eye. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any employee or agent of Attraction management. Any person attempting to gain admission to the Attraction without a valid ticket may be ejected from the Attraction or its vicinity.
Pets or animals of any nature are expressly prohibited on/in the Attraction itself, in the Attraction vicinity, or County Hall (except for registered assistance dogs).
Unnecessary noise, (such as that from the use of radio sets, personal stereos and other electrical equipment), or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other visitors or confusion of any kind is not permitted on/in or in the vicinity of the Attraction and will result in ejection from the Attraction. This applies to both individuals and groups.
The following special effects are used in Shrek’s Adventure! London and The London Dungeon: fog, wind, strobe lighting, vibrating flooring, flashing lights, loud noises, steam, water splashes, leg ticklers, back pokes, simulated smells, moving seats. The use of these special effects are intermittent, and while every effort is made to ensure the well-being of guests, the Shrek’s Adventure! London and The London Dungeon Management does advise that if any guest has a pre-existing condition that could be exacerbated by exposure to any of these special effects, then these guests should seek advice from a team member about which areas of the attraction they should avoid.
CCTV cameras are used to assist in the proper running of the Attraction. However, we do not make any representation as to the extent of coverage provided by the cameras. All items, belongings and other property brought into the Attraction by guests are at their own risk and we accept no liability for any loss or damage to such property. As such, we recommend that guests do not bring valuables to the Attraction.
Height, weight or age restrictions may apply to rides or certain elements of the Attractions. Certain rides or shows may use lighting effects, strobe lighting or flashing lights.
Guests visiting the London Eye must note that admission to the London Eye 4D Cinema Experience will only be valid on the day of your London Eye experience. The London Eye 4D Cinema Experience opens at the published opening time of the London Eye ticket office and closes 15 minutes prior to the last experience of the day.
The following special effects are used in the 4D Cinema Experience: fog, bubbles, wind, snow, strobe lighting, and vibrating flooring. The use of these special effects are intermittent, and while every effort is made to ensure the wellbeing of guests, the London Eye Management Service does advise that if any guest has a pre-existing condition that could be exacerbated by exposure to any of these special effects, then these guests should not enter the 4D Cinema Experience.
The following restrictions apply to the London Eye 4D Cinema Experience:
i. The consumption of food and drink is strictly prohibited in the 4D Cinema itself and in the waiting area prior to entering the cinema
ii. Sound, video recording equipment and cameras are not permitted inside the 4D Cinema Experience. It is a criminal offence to copy or attempt to copy the copyright protected material shown
iii. Guests must remain within permitted guest areas and must adhere to our health and safety procedures and guidelines (as guests may be instructed to do so by London Eye staff from time to time)
iv. Guests purchasing London Eye Fast Track tickets are not entitled to priority entry into the 4D Cinema Experience
The Eye Lounge is open from 11:00am Monday to Saturday, and 12:00pm on Sunday, and closes 30 minutes before the last London Eye experience. The Eye Lounge may be closed on occasion for private events, and purchase of a London Eye ticket does not guarantee entrance to the Eye Lounge.
The London Eye, RC, and Eye Lounge operate a THINK 25 policy. Any guest who appears to be under 25 year old without suitable photographic ID will not be served alcohol.
The London Dungeon operates a THINK 25 policy. Any guest who appears to be under 25 year old without suitable photographic ID will not be served alcohol.
From time to time the Attraction's management or other authorised parties may carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring on or in the vicinity of the Attraction, in the 4D Cinema Experience, on a RC, in County Hall or Jubilee Gardens, which may feature visitors. By accepting this Contract, you agree that the Attraction management or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Attraction management or such authorised party (as the case may be).
For health and safety reasons (due to the topographical features of the Attraction), wheelchairs and mobility scooters are the only transport devices permitted within the Attraction. For the avoidance of doubt, bicycles, hover-boards, roller-blades or similar devices are not permitted within the Attraction.
THE ATTRACTIONS ARE PRIVATE PROPERTY. All persons entering the Attraction must pay for admission or hold a valid Ticket which has been obtained from Merlin, the Attraction, the Attraction's website or a third party authorised by Merlin to sell Tickets. The sale of Tickets/vouchers by anyone other than Merlin or someone who has been expressly authorised by Merlin to sell Tickets is strictly prohibited. Only persons authorised by Merlin are permitted to sell or offer for sale any items to guests within the Attraction grounds. All Tickets are non-transferable, not for resale and will become automatically void on any transfer for value.
Annual Pass Holders
The Attraction is part of the "Merlin Annual Pass scheme", but please note that separate terms and conditions apply which can be found on the Annual Pass section of Merlin's website at https://www.merlinentertainments.biz/merlin-annual-pass.
All Annual Passes are subject to the operating calendar of each Attraction. Opening and closing dates including applicable exclusion dates can be found on the Attraction's website. Guests should check these before they visit.
Annual Passes may also be subject to additional restrictions or charges and secondary attraction fees may apply. Please see Merlin's Annual Pass website for further details.
1. Making your booking: The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these booking conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us. The party leader must be at least 18 when the booking is made. All bookings must be made online via the Website. At the end of the booking process, you are asked to confirm that you have read and agree with our booking conditions. Your booking will be confirmed by a reference number or a print at home ticket (if you select this option), and We will reconfirm your booking by email. The confirmation is sent to the email address which you enter/provide at the time of making your booking. However if you have spam filtering on your email account, our email might not reach you.
Your email voucher will serve as proof of payment for your attraction ticket. If you are collecting your tickets at the Attraction, you will need to present this confirmation email at the appropriate entrance to gain entry. You must take the confirmation email with you or you may not gain entry. If you selected the print at home option, you must bring a printed version of your ticket with you, or download the ticket PDF to your smart phone or device. Please check your booking confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact Us immediately if any information on the confirmation appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later.
Please arrive within your designated 15 minute show time, failure to do so may result in an extended wait. If you need to collect your tickets at the Attraction then please allow enough time to collect them before your show begins. Your confirmation alone, will not provide you with immediate entry into the Attraction. Please note that although your show time indicates your arrival time and that your show will begin shortly after, this may be delayed in peak periods.
2. Payment: Full payment is required at the time of booking.
3. Your contract: A binding contract between us comes into existence when We issue you with a final booking confirmation email]. This Contract and all matters arising out of it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and each of the parties irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts
4. The cost of your ticket(s): We are committed to providing great value offers on tickets; where possible offering discounts on entrance rates. There are likely to be some seasonal special offers and in some circumstances prices may go up or down. The price of your ticket(s) will be confirmed at the time of booking.
We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. We will do so as soon as We become aware of the error. A total price of your ticket(s) will be given before We confirm your booking. All prices are for pre-booking and include VAT.
5. Changes by you: All ticket types and bookings, whether they are purchased from the Attraction directly, the Merlin Contact Centre, other Merlin attractions or third party sellers are purchased on a non-refundable and non-transferable basis. All tickets and bookings may only be changed or replaced at the absolute discretion of the Attraction’s management. If any customer wishes to amend the date or time of any booking for the Attraction following the purchase of ticket(s) (whether before or after receipt of the final booking confirmation) the customer should immediately notify the Attraction management team who shall use its reasonable endeavours to accommodate the alternative date and time requested by the customer. An administration fee of up to £10 per booking will be charged by the Attraction to that customer. For the avoidance of doubt, the administration fee will apply to all bookings made on-line on the Attraction’s Website, through the call centre operated by Merlin Entertainments Group and through the kiosks situated at the Attraction. (For London Eye Private Capsule bookings higher charges will apply).
6. Cancellation by you or failure to visit: Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed (rather than seeking to amend your booking), or fails to visit within the dates/times of ticket validity, the party leader must immediately contact the provider of your ticket. As soon as you cancel, your unique confirmation email voucher will become void and non-redeemable. We regret it is not possible to make refunds in respect of cancelled bookings or for failure to visit. If you have any questions please contact our Guest Experience or Customer services teams on;
Coca-Cola London Eye: Customer.Services@londoneye.com
Shrek’s Adventure! London: SALGuestExperience@merlinentertainments.biz
SEA LIFE London: SLLondon@merlinentertainments.biz
The London Dungeon: LDGuestexperience@merlinentertainments.biz
Madame Tussauds London: email@example.com
7. Changes and cancellation by us: Occasionally, We have to make changes to and correct errors and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings and We must reserve the right to do so. If We have to make a significant change or cancel, We will tell you as soon as possible. If We make the change or cancel before the date specified on the ticket, We will offer you the choice of the following options:
(a) accepting the changed arrangements or
(b) exchanging for an alternative ticket of the same or similar monetary value from us.
(c) cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us.
If We make the change or cancel on the date specified on the ticket, We will provide you with a full refund of all monies you have paid to us. Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one. In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above mentioned options. We regret We cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
The Attraction reserves the right to alter, close or remove details/exhibits/rides or the Attraction as a whole or in part without prior notice for technical, operational, health and safety or other reasons where physical access or operation is not safe, practical or physically possible.
8. Force Majeure: Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, We regret We cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in clause 9 below) as a result of "force majeure". In these booking conditions, "force majeure" means any event which We or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather condition, fire and all similar events outside our control.
In the event of a force majeure, the Attraction management shall use its reasonable endeavours to accommodate an alternative date and time for the customer.
9. Our Liability to you
(1) We promise to make sure that the ticket and entry arrangements We have agreed to make, perform or provide as applicable as part of our Contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to the terms of this Contract, We will accept responsibility if, for example, your contracted arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted arrangements.
(2) To the extent that We have provided the services with reasonable skill and care, We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage arising including any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of the experience, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
a) the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party; or
b) the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your visit; or
c) 'force majeure' as defined in clause 8.
(3) Please note, We cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our Contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which any supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our brochure and We have not agreed to arrange them.
(4) Please note, We cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to Us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, We could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if We breached our Contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where We are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally We cannot accept liability for any business losses. We accept no liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses incurred.
(5) You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance We may reasonably require. You must also tell Us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 11 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to Us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with Us and our insurers if We or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred.
10. No ticket may be resold without the previous written consent of Attraction management. If Attraction management reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold without such consent, the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the Attraction without payment of compensation
11. Complaints and problems: In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your visit to the Attraction, you must immediately inform the supplier of the service(s) in question. Any verbal notification must be put in writing as soon as possible. Until We know about a problem or complaint, We cannot begin to resolve it. You must write to our Guest Experience Team at the Attraction you have visited, within 28 days of the end of the visit to the Attraction giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint. For all complaints and claims which do not involve death, fraud, personal injury or illness, We regret We cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
12. Your Responsibilities: Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons travelling are normally in good health and able to fulfil the physical demands of the Attraction visit. It is your responsibility to ensure all members of the party are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. We cannot accept any liability or associated costs if you are refused entry onto transport or into the Attraction country as a result of failure to carry correct documentation.
13. Conditions of Suppliers: Many of the services which make up your visit are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable international conventions (see clause 9 (3)). Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
14. Special Requests and Medical Problems: If you have any special request, you must advise Us at the time of booking. Although We will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests onto the relevant supplier, We regret We cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed onto the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
15. Call Monitoring and Recording: As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest service standards, We may monitor and record any of your calls made to the Merlin Contact Centre for training purposes.
16. Directions: Please make sure you have directions to your chosen Attraction(s); basic directions are also provided on your email voucher. Directions should be used in conjunction with an up to date map.
17. Parking: Please check parking arrangements. There is no onsite parking at the Attraction. Parking is always at the vehicle owner’s risk.
18. Best Price Guarantee: Book more than 14 days in advance of your visit date and We guarantee that the Website will have the lowest priced entrance tickets available. If you find a cheaper price within 7 days of booking, We will match it and refund the difference!
The best price guarantee is subject to availability and times of date. The ticket must be the same in all respects including date, time of entry and admission priority. Excludes offers conditional on buying other products, group bookings or discounted membership schemes. We guarantee the best prices whether you make your purchase in Euros or Sterling, however, due to currency variations We will not consider price comparisons between products purchased in different currencies.
19. Attraction Ticket Terms and Conditions: Prebooked tickets give you guaranteed entry. These can only be obtained through the Website and the Merlin Contact Centre. All other ticket holders must book into specific timeslots on the day of arrival.
For general admission ticket holders, join the main queue and present your booking confirmation at admissions to gain entry to the Attraction. (If in doubt please check first with an assistant at the door which queue to join.).
20. Combi Ticket Terms and Conditions: When purchasing a combi ticket, the starting attraction portion of the ticket is for a specific date and time slot. The rest of the attractions you have bought tickets for are not booked for specific dates or time slots. You can prebook your timeslots when you collect your tickets from the Attraction or from the other attractions’ ticket offices.
You can visit these attractions after your visit to your starting attraction or up to 90 days after your visit to the Attraction. Combination tickets cannot be purchased without an Attraction visit.
Combination tickets are for general admission and you will be required to join the general admission queue line.
INDIVIDUAL ATTRACTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
For specific attraction Terms & Conditions, please click the relevant links below: