Ultimate Day Out Merlin Annual Pass Competition Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions refer to the competition being run by the London Cluster of Merlin Attractions, for the period of the 1st July to 31st July 2019.
2. This competition can only be entered by those who are in possession of a valid Merlin Annual Pass or Membership, and can prove this if required upon completion of the challenge. The winner of the prize may be asked to prove their passes validity before being able to claim the prizes.
3. The Prize Draw is not open to employees or agencies of Merlin Entertainments, their group companies or family members, freelance contributors, or anyone else connected to the Prize Draw.
4. Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Prize Draw entry to us. The winner shall be the named respondent on the randomly selected winning submission.
5. Merlin Entertainments accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by Merlin Entertainments.
6. All entries, via the upload of a photo on the specified Facebook post on the Merlin’s Magical London page must be submitted by 23:59 on the 31st July 2019.
7. The winner will be selected by way of a random draw from all entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. The draw will be performed by a random computer process.
8. The prize winner will win the below listed prizes. Merlin Entertainments accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prizes that are not expressly included in the prize. Each prize winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, including taxes imposed on his/her income.
9. The winner will be notified via Facebook on the 2nd August, 2019. If a winner does not respond to Merlin Entertainments within 14 days of being notified of their win, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Merlin Entertainments shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will also have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these terms, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Merlin Entertainments shall be entitled to select another winner.
10. The winner will be responsible for arranging each element of their prize with the attractions themselves directly, and details of how to do so will be given when the winner responds to their winning message from the Merlin’s Magical London Facebook page.
11. All Merlin Annual Passholders are bound by the terms and conditions of their Merlin Annual Pass and/or Memberships. The full list can be found here: https://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/information/terms
12. All Merlin Annual Passholders that take part in this competition are also bound by the terms and conditions of the attractions when it comes to redeeming the winning prize, and during their visit. These can be found in the following places:
Coca-Cola London Eye: https://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/information/terms
Madame Tussauds London: https://www.madametussauds.com/london/en/latest-news-and-about/ticket-terms-conditions/
The London Dungeon: https://www.thedungeons.com/london/en/legal/
Shrek’s Adventure! London: https://www.shreksadventure.com/london/terms-and-conditions/
SEA LIFE London: https://www.visitsealife.com/london/terms-and-conditions/
13. Prizes for the winner of the #UltimateDayOut challenge include:
- A Private Capsule on the Coca-Cola London Eye
- A Royal Afternoon Tea at Madame Tussauds London
- A visit to the London Dungeon 18+ Lates Event
- An exclusive meet and greet with a DreamWorks Character of your choice
- A Backstage tour at SEA LIFE London
- A Premium hop-on, hop-off ticket for Big Bus Tours London
14. All prizes are valid for four persons only. Please note that the London Dungeon prize can only be redeemed by adults, over 18 years of age. A Think 25 policy will operate at the bar during the event, and guests should bring photo ID with them for the avoidance of doubt.
15. All prizes must be redeemed before the 31st December 2019.
16. Further exclusions as below apply:
- The exclusive meet and greet of a character of choice at Shrek’s Adventure! London cannot be taken during the following periods: 1st August – 9th September 2019 inclusive, 21st to 25th October inclusive, and 19th – 31st December inclusive. Guests can choose from the following characters for their meet and greet, subject to availability: Poppy or Branch (Trolls), King Julian (Madagascar) , Puss in Boots (Shrek), Kung Fu Panda, Barry Bee (The Bee Movie) and Baby Nadder (How to Train your Dragon). All guests will need to contact the attraction a minimum of two weeks in advance of their chosen visit date to ensure availability and confirm their visit time. Full details of who to contact will be provided to the winner once chosen.
- The London Dungeon Lates tickets are only available to be redeemed on the following dates: Friday 13th September 2019, Friday 18th October 2019 and Friday, 22nd November 2019.
- The Coca-Cola London Eye private capsule cannot be redeemed on the 31st December 2019.
- All attractions are closed on the 25th December 2019, and thus the prizes cannot be redeemed on this date.
16. The winner will be notified via Facebook on the 2nd August, 2019. If a winner does not respond to Merlin Entertainments within 14 days of being notified of their win, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Merlin Entertainments shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will also have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these terms, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Merlin Entertainments shall be entitled to select another winner.
17. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or any other prize.
18. Merlin Entertainments reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is not available.
19. Merlin Entertainments accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. Merlin Entertainments further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize Draw.
20. Merlin Entertainments reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Merlin Entertainments in all matters relating to the Prize Draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into. In the event that Merlin Entertainments permanently discontinues the Prize Draw pursuant to this paragraph, the entrants in the Prize Draw shall be released from their obligations to Merlin Entertainments under these Terms and Conditions.
21. Merlin Entertainments shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this Prize Draw where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
22. The Prize Draw and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
23. Promoter: Merlin’s Magical London, Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London, SE1 7PB